Who are our Representatives and Senators in the General Assembly?
- Representative, District 73: Marvin L. Abney (D)
12 Summer St Newport 02840 846-5341 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Representative, District 75: Lauren H. Carson (D)
11 Willow St #5 Newport 02840 523-1143 email@example.com
- Senator, District 12: Louis P DiPalma (D)
24 Sail Court Middletown 02842 847-8540 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator, District 13: Dawn M. Euer (D)
34A Bliss Road Newport 02840 619-2028 email@example.com
Who are our local elected officials?
In November, 2002 the electors of Newport voted that there should be four councilors-at-large and one councilor from each of the three wards. Following each biennial election, the Council-elect holds a caucus to select a Council President/Mayor and Vice President from among its membership.
The following candidates were elected to the Newport City Council in the November 8, 2016 General Election to serve through December 1, 2018:
- Henry F. Winthrop, Mayor, At-Large
- Lynn Underwood Ceglie, Vice President, Ward 2
- Jamie P. Bova, At-Large
- Marco T. Camacho**, At-Large
- Jeanne-Marie Napolitano, At-Large
- Susan D. Taylor, Ward 1
- Kathryn E. Leonard, Ward 3
** (appointed effective 1/10/2018 to replace John F. Florez - resigned 12/13/2017)
Does the City of Newport have Council wards?
Yes. The City of Newport is divided into three wards.
See map here: Voting Districts with Wards
How do I sign up to work at the polls?
You may obtain an application at the Newport Canvassing Office on the first floor of City Hall, 43 Broadway or by clicking the link below:
Mandatory training classes for all poll workers are held throughout the state prior to each election.